Saturday, May 22, 2010

How to remove the Evolution notification icon from the Notification Area

                     When I installed Lucid Lynx for the first time I loved the new theme and glad that Ubuntu finally decided to brake out of there brown colored box. This looks and feels a little bit like the Mac OS and I don't know if Shuttle Worth is trying to mimic Mac but what ever I personally love the new change.

                     But this is not a review on new Ubuntu look or the functions that I leave for another day today it's about a notification icon that I hated from the bigging it's the evolutions email notification icon on the notification area I personally don't use evolution and I don't like the icon taking up space so I wanted to remove it but I was unable to find a way to do it.

                     So asked it in the forum and a grate guy by the name germanix came to my rescue and these are the steps he told me to do.

  • Open the terminal.
  • Type "sudo aptitude purge indicator-messages".
  • Press Enter.
  • When asked for the root password please type it in.
  • Then it'll ask to continue answer it as yes "Press letter Y".
  • Now reboot no more icon.
This worked for me and now my icons is gone.

Thank you germanix.

0 comments:

Post a Comment