Friday, August 8, 2008

What is Linux really?

I'm going to start from the place where I left of in my first article. As you can remember I asked you a question is Linux a operating system or a kernel ?. Well most of them answered as it's an O/S but Linux is not a O/S, actually Linux is a kernel that have been gift raped with lot of free and good software's so normal people like you & me could work with in our home computer. OK, before I move on I like to give you a small idea about what is a kernel, So lets start.

What Is a Kernel?
Let me explain it like this, all mammals have a thing called the brain. By using the brain we process things what our other sensors take in and decides what to do with it. Lets presume that no had a brain what will happen? there want be any civilization. Just like that the kernel is the brain behind those big graphics and user interfaces. What kernel does actually it makes everything happen in a computer and this illustration will make it much more clear to you how the kernel works. I think now you might have little idea about what is a kernel and how it acts in the operating system.
(image is from Wikipedia)



information contained in this article was taken from Wikipedia.org

0 comments:

Post a Comment